Popular Posts

Wednesday, 5 December 2012

China Glaze Pure Joy: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

How about more glitter? Are you ready? Actually, you should probably buckle up... My next four polish swatches will all be glitter.

Here is the beautiful and bright China Glaze Pure Joy from the Holiday Joy Collection. This is a fine red square glitter with a scattering of medium gold hex pieces. This swatch is two coats topped with Gelous and Seche Vite.





Application of this polish was a bit of a pain, it needed a good bit of work to get it smoothly into place and opaque for this swatch. I think that I would prefer to layer this over a base colour rather than try to make this opaque, again. This polish dried fast and satin. Gelous and Seche Vite made it all smooth and shiny and delicious.

Is this bringing back memories? Maybe you are thinking that this looks a lot like China Glaze Love Marilyn from last year's Eye Candy Collection? I wondered about that myself so I hauled out a nail wheel and Love Marilyn and went to town.


(I am a bonehead... I called Pure Joy Holiday Joy on this photo. It is Pure joy. I am a bonehead.)

As you can see (I hope... I photographed this the best I could) these do look almost identical. Pure Joy is red square glitter with medium gold hex pieces and Love Marilyn is red square glitter with medium silver hex glitter. This is also very similar to last year's OPI Getting Miss Piggy With It. Sadly, I don't own that particular polish so I was unable to include it in my comparison. But if you own it, you will see how similar they are.

What do you think of Pure Joy? Own this sparkler? It is so pretty, and definitely worth picking up, if you are into red and gold and sparkle plenty. This polish is available where China Glaze is sold.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment