Popular Posts

Monday, 15 October 2012

Orly Star of Bombay: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

I had on my lust list for quite some time Orly Star of Bombay, a dark, richly pigmented sapphire blue jelly with deep, subtle shimmer.




 The formula on this was a tad bit of a stinker. It was thick, weirdly runny at the same time and just... Wonky. The first coat was streaky and if I tried to over stroke it to smooth it, it wanted to drag bald patches. The second coat made it all smooth and opaque. I need to thin this a little before I use it, again. Hopefully that will make it a bit more biddable. Dry time on this is a little slow, a good fast dry top coat helps a lot. Like many dark blue polishes, this baby is a stainer. Care in application to keep it off of the cuticles and in removal to keep it off the skin will keep it from smurfing you.

Overall, I like this polish. I love that deep, rich blue with that subtle shimmer. I'm glad that I tracked it down and bought it.

What say you about this polish? Like? Not so much? I'd like to hear your impression of it.

Thank you so much for popping in and reading. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment