Popular Posts

Saturday, 1 September 2012

OPI Just Spotted the Lizard: Swatch and Review With Special Bonus Kitty Action

Hello gentle readers.

Today I have for you the lovely duochrome shifter OPI Just Spotted the Lizard. This polish is similar to several polishes like this that are making the rounds. I suppose Chanel Peridot was one of the earliest and seems to have started the whole green/gold/blue/grey duochrome trend. I don't own Chanel Peridot so I can't say that this is a dupe. I do own a couple of other duochromes of this ilk, tho. Just Spotted the Lizard is one of the prettier I have put on my nails.

This is three thin coats and top coat. I am raging at Beauty Secrets, right now. I was using that brand base and top coat for swatching but I am going to lob them. They too often result in wavy and bubbly finishes and I am tired of it. So much for saving a bit of moolah. I will just have to invest in good but not as pricey as Seche Vite for that purpose. I suppose I could have re done the swatch but I had a migraine slamming into my brain and by the time the polish was on, I just wanted to grab my camera, shoot the photos and get done.

These photographs were shot indoors and in sun and shade. There are lots and lots, as I wanted to give a really good look at what this polish does both in the bottle and on the nails in different lights and at different angles. If you have this or any like it, you are already familiar with the tricks it can do. I wish that my camera had been successful at capturing the gorgeous navy blue shift in this polish. I was mesmerized by it, drooling and babbling like an addlepated fool as it played tricks with my eyes.

Get ready for photo overload.











I could just kick my ass and that of my camera for not capturing this polish as it looks in person. *sigh*

OPI Just Spotted the Lizard has a splendid formula. It applied like a dream, sat right down where I placed it, smoothed sweetly up my nails and didn't run, pool, drag, streak, bubble (until I hit it with that hateful Beauty Secrets top coat) or give me any other trouble. Dry time is fast, this is dry to a gentle touch in mere moments. It is a little brushstroke-y but that shows more in macro photography than it does to the casual observer. While this polish isn't terribly unique, it is beautiful, the the formula is typical OPI fabulous and I don't regret one bit buying it, unique or no. I heartily recommend going out and grabbing this one, if you like these green-y/gold duochromes. 

Here is a picture of my swatching assistant, Marley. He was all tuckered out from watching me paint my nails and hanging out in the window, soaking up the sun and watching the bees buzz in the lavender (I think it's lavender. Might be purple sage?) bush outside my bedroom window. How do you like my oh-so-elegant dressing table top? It's a piece of 24" X 6' X 3/4" ply that I put over my old dressing table and my Melmers, stacked at the other end. It looks like hell but it sure is nice to have all of that room to work. I have my makeup station at one end, polishing station at the other. I have plans for fixing it up but it is doing the job, for right now. Ugly tho it be. 




Okay, time to shut up, now. Thank you so much for popping in and reading and everything. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment