Popular Posts

Thursday, 5 July 2012

Orly Rage: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Hot enough for you? Woof! Talk about the Dog Days!

Today I have a pretty polish to show you that should take your mind off of the sweltering temps for a moment. Orly Rage. Rage is the rose gold sister in the Triplet collection of Rage, Luxe, a seriously fab yellow gold foil and Shine, a pure silver foil. I love rose gold and I lemming'd this polish pretty hard for quite a while. I finally picked it up in a sale at my Local Sally's a while back, and I am so glad that I did. If you like metallics and foils, this polish is probably going to be right up your alley.

Orly Rage is a smooth, clean, rose gold foil with a touch of sparkle and warmth. The rose tone makes this very flattering to many skin tones; I can see this looking fabulous on the palest fair to the deepest ebony hands. I want to try it as a stamping polish, too. I have a feeling it would stamp beautifully, giving a vintage effect to stamped designs.

I applied two coats of Orly Rage and top coat for this swatch. This polish was almost a one coater, for me but my demon ridges prevented it. If you have smooth nails and a great technique, you might just have a one coat wonder on your hands. And who doesn't like that? Just look how rich and gorgeous this stuff is. It is slightly brushstroke-y but not enough to bug me.

This photograph was shot in sun and doesn't do this stunner justice. Anyone want to be my getaway driver so I can rob a bank and go get the camera I really want and need? I am panting after the new Canon EOS Rebel T4i. Guh! I am in the process of saving for it. Slow going, right now but I shall not give up!




Orly Rage is a love bug to apply. Smooth, easy, perfectly biddable, this polish sits sweetly down where it is placed, whispers softly up the nail without streaking, dragging, running or pooling. There was no bubbling, no bald spots... Just perfection of application and coverage. Dry time is fast. I can't attest to wear, as I merely swatched this but if it runs along the lines of other foils I have worn, it isn't the longest. Which is fine, since I change my polish frequently. But I don't know this for certain. I know... Should have wear tested it before I opened my big mouth. Bad! Bad blogger!

What do you think of Orly Rage? Do you own it? Love it? Have you stamped with it? I'd love to hear what you think of it. If you are interested in acquiring this gorgeous polish, it is part of Orly's core line and available where Orly is sold.

Thank you so much for popping in and spending a little time with me. Have a terrific day and may your polish never bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment