Popular Posts

Saturday, 7 July 2012

Loreal Magic Skin Beautifier B.B. Cream Swatches and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Today I have my review of a new product that recently hit drugstore shelves.




This is Loreal Magic Skin Beautifier B.B. Cream. I have the shades Fair and Light. I purchased both, as the tester I tried was just the Light and it looked too dark, I decided to get the fair (for which there was no tester) and mix the two hoping to get my perfect shade. I often have to mix face products to match me, so having to mix these was no surprise to me.

This product is packaged in one ounce quantity in a plastic squeeze tube. This product is not sealed (shame on you, Loreal!) so if you are looking at this, be sure to open it to check that someone hasn't swatched it in store. I paid $10.99 per tube plus tax. The price can vary a bit, depending on where you call home. Prices tend to run a little high in my area.

This product claims to provide four beautifying actions in one product: Prime, perfect, hydrate and correct and provide flawless bare skin beauty. Loreal Magic Skin Beautifier is a lightweight lotion that contains antioxidants vitamins C and E and tiny Beautifying Beads, encapsulated pigments, that on application burst and transform to your perfect shade for a flawless, bare skin finish. A further claim is that over time, you will see further skin improvement.

I have never used an authentic BB cream but from what I understand, this product doesn't qualify. To me, this is a tinted moisturizer with a bit more coverage than your typical tinted moisturizer. One of the qualities that drew me to this product is the fact that it is free of chemical sunscreen, meaning that it is safe for me to apply to my skin. I was looking for a weightless, light coverage slightly buildable product that can fill in when I don't feel like wearing my usual foundation, especially in the Summer heat. This product fills the bill beautifully, but for one fatal flaw.




Small swirls of the Loreal Skin Beautifier BB cream. This product comes out of the tube as a white, lightweight lotion with tiny grainy beads of pigment. On top is Fair, on the bottom is Light. As you can see, they look extremely similar right out of the tube.




Rubbed out, Fair on top, Light on the bottom. As this cream is rubbed into the skin, the pigment beads feel like a light scrub for a brief moment then they burst and the cream becomes perfectly smooth, spreads out and sinks in to the skin, providing light coverage and dries down to a soft, velvet satin finish that is not sticky or tacky. Funny thing? The beads in the Light are softer and break fast, the beads in the Fair are a little harder and take a tad more time to break. What you can't see in this photograph is this product's fatal flaw. The strong orange undertone. (My camera didn't fully capture this. Trust me, it is there.)

What did I like about this product? A lot, actually. I loved the light, slightly buildable coverage (I just gently patted in a little extra where I wanted a touch more coverage), the weightless feel, the lightly moisturizing qualities that works with my moisturizer and primer to make my very dry skin feel comfortable and cared for all day long. I loved the soft, velvety feel, the fact that wasn't sticky or tacky after it dried down. This BB cream had very nice lasting power on me, looking fresh and pretty for hours, at the end of a long day it did start to fade away a little but it did it gracefully with no blotching, streaking or clotting.

I was ecstatic that there is a tinted moisturizer/BB cream like product that is affordable and free of the chemical sunscreens that companies are so very fond of dumping into so many of their products. This product is safe for me to apply to my skin and wear. Yay!!!!

What didn't I like? Sadly, as I mentioned earlier, this BB cream has a fatal flaw; it's strong orange undertone. The Light is very strongly orange, even the Fair has some orange to it. I had hoped that mixing the two and perhaps correcting with a little pressed translucent powder and a bit of bronzer would make it all work but no such luck. I don't mind a little tweaking to make a product work really well for me but I have never aspired to the Snookie aesthetic. These are going back.

I think that I covered everything but if you have any questions, please feel free too hit me up in a comment and I'll answer it as best I can. Have you tried this product? Do you like it? Not so much? I'd love to hear what you have to say about the Loreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB cream. 

Thanks so much for popping in and reading. Have a terrific weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment