Popular Posts

Thursday, 28 June 2012

Sally Hansen X-Treme Wear Purple Pizzazz: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

I have, in the last couple of years gone from avoiding purple polish like the plague to embracing and seeking it out. I have become a fan. For a long time, I bought into that "beauty rule" that told me that women of my age have no business wearing different, bright or funky colours. Bah! To hell with beauty rules! If you are forty-something or fifty-something or eighty, for that matter, wear what you like! Seriously, kids, life is too frakking short to listen to a gaggle of "experts" telling us that once we celebrate some set birthday, whether it is 25, 35 or 50 we are obligated to chop off all of our hair, dye our greys, put aside shimmer, beautiful colours and glitter polish and fade quietly into obscurity. I cry shenanigans. We are just as valuable, just as relevant at ninety as we are at nineteen. I am not going to fade into the background and give my place in this world to anyone. I am not going to allow a tall poppy to overshadow me and if I want to wear purple polish and shimmery eyeshadow at 47, I am damned well going to do so.

So there.

Okay, stepping off my soapbox, now.

Stepping off to show you one of the prettiest purple polishes I have met in a long time. I am sure that you are well acquainted with this little beauty but in case you are not, allow me to introduce Sally Hansen X-Treme Wear in Purple Pizzazz. This glowingly pretty translucent deep purple ***smooooke on the waaaaater... da, da, da... dunt, dunt, du du...*** ~sorry about that, I was having a moment~ is packed with colour shifting rose/copper mini flakies. Yeah. It's pretty.

For this swatch I applied three coats and top coat and shot these photos in the sun.






Ugh! These photos. They were the best of the bunch. Sorry about the focus issues. Every time I went out to shoot my swatches, the wind would come up and hit me full on, causing mean camera shake. I'm surprised that I actually go any usable shots that day, at all. Mother Nature must have been pissed at me, for some reason. I swear, the wind would be quiet until I went out my door, posed my hand and lifted my camera then, woosh!

Sally Hansen X-Treme Wear in Purple Pizzazz is a jelly, smooth, squishy and translucent, it also has some of the formula issues a jelly can have; it applies a little streaky on the first coat and it dragged a couple of bald spots. Subsequent coats went on perfectly, tho and it was opaque and danged near flawless by the third coat. There is a bit of tip pull, again a jelly thing, it doesn't bother me too much and wrapping the tips definitely reduces that a good bit. Dry time is about average for this polish and it didn't bubble on me. I had to adjust to the long wand in this polish but once I got the feel for it, I was just fine.

What say you about Sally Hansen Purple Pizzazz? Like it? Want it? I think that Purple Pizzazz is part of the Sally Hansen core line. My local drugstores hold frequent sales on this brand and I am always finding coupons in my Sunday paper too, making this brand extremely affordable.  Sally Hansen X-Treme Wear is, overall a good quality polish with a wide shade range and interesting finishes. I like this line and own quite a few polishes from it.

Thank you for popping in and reading. Have yourself a great rest of your Thursday and may your polish never bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment