Popular Posts

Saturday, 2 June 2012

Review: ROC Multi Correxion Lift Anti Gravity Eye Cream

Hello gentle readers.

Today's post is a review on an eye cream that I recently purchased and tried.

In my eternal search for skin care that is both effective and affordable, one of the brands I have hit upon and grown quite fond of is ROC. This brand is targeted to those of us who are, shall we say, a little more..."experienced". At 47, I have myself a gracious plenty of that. Experience. I have been around the block a time or three and my poor face is showing the signs of my travels. It is unavoidable. I am trying to accept aging gracefully. For now. But that doesn't mean that I won't use whatever I can to stave off the worst of time and it's relentless march forward.

I use and love the ROC Retinol Correxion eye cream and so when I saw this cream in my local Walgreen's on sale I remembered that I also had a three dollar off coupon and decided, what the heck? I'll give it a throw. After all, it is ROC and so it should be just as good as the eye cream I have been using and loving for about a year, now. Sadly, this cream wasn't at all as lovely as my cherished favourite.


I borrowed this image from Amazon. I forgot to photograph my own jar. 


When I opened this cream, the consistency was thick, yet soft. It gave easily under my finger but wasn't too mushy. This cream applied nicely and sank readily into my skin. This cream has a slight luminescence, it brightened the skin under and around my eyes a tiny bit tho it came nowhere near brightening my awful dark circles. (I honestly didn't expect it to.) This cream is hydrating and it made the skin around my eyes feel soft and look smoother and plumped up and it didn't irritate or sting my very sensitive eyes. A definite plus! This cream was effective as both a night cream and it worked well under my makeup for day, too. This cream does not contain an SPF. 

Unfortunately, this cream did have one fatal flaw. It really burned my skin as I applied it. Not a mild stinging; this stuff really hurt! The burn was brief but it was bad enough to really bother me and make me very reluctant to use it, after the first application. I don't consider my skin to be sensitive and I don't normally have trouble with too many ingredients in the majority of skin care products and I even tolerate the sting and mild burn of treatments and peels that contain Retinol and Alpha Hydroxy Acid. But this stuff... Ow! It was a cold burn and it was extremely unpleasant. I gave this cream a solid week of use, hoping that the burn was just a temporary thing that I would get over before I gave up and returned it. In my not so humble opinion, eye cream should be soothing and hydrating, not painful and make you dread applying it.

When I returned this cream, the gal told me that she had processed several returns of this same cream and in every case, the complaint was the same as mine. Now I understand why this cream was so steeply discounted. I didn't like this cream and I can't recommend it. There are so many nice eye creams out there that soften, hydrate and temporarily reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes. There is no reason to suffer twice a day with this one. None, at all.  

Have you tried this eye cream? What did you think of it? Do you have a great eye cream that you use, love and recommend? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the subject. 

No comments:

Post a Comment