Popular Posts

Thursday, 14 June 2012

Orly Skinny Dip

Hello gentle readers.

How's things? Week going well? Looking forward to the weekend? I am. We are planning a day trip to the Valley and I am planning to hit a few spots and do some shopping I can't do up here in Podunkville. I can't wait. I need to spend some time in a real city. I need traffic and noise and bustle and different shops and smog. I need it so bad.

Today I am sharing Orly Skinny Dip. This is a polish from their Summer Feel the Vibe collection of neon polishes. I also bought After Party, which I will show you soon. I don't know if I am going to buy any more of the colours from this collection. I have so many neons and while I really like this finish, I just don't wear it, a whole lot and I don't see the point in spending all of that money. Maybe if I catch some on sale I'll snap up a few more. We'll see.

Orly Skinny Dip is, in my opinion, one of the standouts in this collection. This bright, pool blue neon has a beautiful blue shimmer running through it. In some lights is looks like a neon creme, in others, the shimmer  springs to life and transforms this polish. It's kind of amazing. I wore this polish for four days, if I remember correctly and it was in great shape when I removed it. This is three coats topped with Seche Vite.

This polish is so bright and fun and pure Summer. I am going to wear this next time I do a pedicure; I think it will be fabulous on toes. Lots of photographs coming up. All were shot in the sun. Don't forget your sunglasses!










The formula on this is a little better than some neons I have worked with but it is by no means perfect. I had to coax this one a little bit. The first coat was a little too thin and it streaked and dragged a bit. I applied thicker subsequent coats, but still needed three to get it smooth and opaque. I had some bubbling, thanks to the thick coats and the fact that I tried to overwork this a bit. It is best to apply this polish as swiftly and smoothly as humanly possible. Dry time is quick and this polish dries satin matte. The shimmer in this polish does form a few brushstrokes but Seche Vite smoothed those out and killed the bubbles, too.

Man, I can't get over what a pretty and fun polish this is and, in spite of it's iffy application is well worth a little work.

What do you think of Orly Skinny Dip? Loving neons, this season? They seem to be everywhere! Neon is hot, hot, hot. If you don't think that you would wear neon clothes or makeup, neon nails is a great way for anyone to embrace this trend. The Orly Feel the Vibe is in stores and online, now.

Thank you for popping in. Have a terrific Thursday and may your polish never bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment