Popular Posts

Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Orly Au Champagne and China Glaze Golden Enchantment

Hello gentle readers.

So... Every now and again I meet a polish that is just so horrid I can't believe how horrid it is. One of those polishes is Orly Au Champagne a pearly, slightly off white shimmer. Oh. My. Freaking. Gosh. I love Orly. Their polishes are, normally so fabulous. I was shocked at what a nightmare this polish is. I applied two hellish coats and hated every stroke. This polish ran, pooled, grabbed, dragged, streaked, clotted, bubbled, pulled from the tips and did just about everything but lift it's self off my nails and slap me one across the face. Dry time? Ha! Even with Seche Vite it was slow, gooey and reluctant to dry completely.

This polish looked so terrible on it's own that I was about to just clean it off when I got the bright idea to layer something over it to "save" all of my hard work. I started scanning through my Melmers and my eyes lit on China Glaze Golden Enchantment.

Hmmm...

Couldn't hurt.

Right?

Well... It sure as hell didn't make it any better. I slopped a coat of Golden Enchantment on my nails and topped the entire thing with even more Seche Vite, oiled my cuticles and grabbed my camera, I got these shots while this manicure still looked it's "best". It went down the tubes fast and hard after these photographs were shot.

I wore it until the next day by which time it had pulled back from the tips of many of my nails, was full of dings and dents and sheet marks and my poor nails were just about screaming to get that shit off of them.






I am all astonishment at how well my nails actually look in these photographs. Trust me, my camera was so, so, so kind. This was a train wreck.

Yuk.

Have you tried any polishes that were just so offensively bad, lately?

Thank you for popping in and being horrified by this epic fail of a manicure. I promise to have something so much nicer tomorrow. Have a great day and may your polish not be a nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment