Popular Posts

Wednesday, 13 June 2012

I Went Dotty

Hello gentle readers.

Today I have a very recent nail look. So recent, in fact that I I type this, it is on my nails. :P I went a little candy coloured crazy on my tips and used the entire Orly Sweet Collection from Spring 2010. All. Six. Polishes. I painted my nails, two coats each, in skittles with (starting from pinkie) Orly Snowcone, Pixie-Stix, Lollipop, Gumdrop and Cotton Candy and topped them with Seche Vite. Then I dotted my nails with all six polishes, including Lemonade and added Sinful Colors Snow Me White, as well. I didn't dot the nails with their own colour, naturally. Then I topped the whole shebang with Seche Vite.

When I wore this out and about, people really liked it. I got a lot of positive feedback on it and a lot of "How did you do that?" Type questions. When I told them that it was as simple as painting my nails and dotting different colours on with a dotting tool, they didn't believe me. They looked at me as if I were understating it to be modest, or something. But it really is just that simple and easy. If I, the most nail art challenged person... Ever to walk the planet can do this, anyone can.

I took the photographs of this mani out in the late afternoon sun.


 Skittles in Orly Snowcone, Pixi-Stix, Lollipop, Gumdrop and Cotton Candy.

Dots of all of the above (tho not on their own nails, of course) in addition to Orly Lemonade and Sinful Colors Snow Me White.

I don't own many full collections. My budget doesn't allow for unfettered polish buying, so I pick and choose the ones that I really like. I have some partial collections, some almost full collections but this one, for some insane reason captured my fancy and wouldn't let go of me until I finally, just not long ago, acquired the last of the six polishes in this collection. I don't understand my mad delight with owning all of these sweet pastel polishes. I just know that that they all had to be mine. 

This collection was, upon it's original release that oh-so-popular white based milk paint creme that flooded the market that season. I purchased three of these polishes during the original release; Gumdrop, Lemonade and Snowcone. The last three, Pixi-Stix, Cotton Candy and Lollipop are from later releases and are of a different formula than the originals. The new ones are crelly type cremes, slightly squishy, very silky and, yes, a little easier to work with. I don't care, tho. I have all of them and I love them. 

Do you own any of the Orly Sweet polishes? What do you think of them? Are they great? Too sweet? Did this post give you a toothache? Please share, I love to hear about it. If you like the look of these pretty polishes, many of them are part of Orly's core line and available at places like Sally's. Those that aren't in the core line are still easy to find online and here and there. Don't let anyone tell you that any of these are rare or HTF, that simply isn't the case and for heaven's sake, don't pay even a penny more than fair current market price for Orly polish. 

Thank you so much for popping in. Have yourself a great day and may your polish never bubble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment