Popular Posts

Wednesday, 18 April 2012

China Glaze Dress Me Up: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

I want to start by saying thank you to everyone who left such sweet comments and hellos to Marley on my Random Stuff Sunday post. He is very flattered and has a very large head now. Aw... Who am I kidding? He expected the adulation and considers it his due. Cats... heh heh

I also want to warn all of you that my photographs will be... Rough. Weird. Pretty freaking bad for a while. Like yesterday's. *shudder* I am very much in the learning process or should I say, relearning process and since I don't have any photographers in my life and classes aren't in the cards for me, right now I am just flying by the seat of my pants and learning by doing. I got a little helpful advice from a lovely reader and I am going to try her tips. I aspire to photos that are as pretty as those that GooseGotham PolishFashion PolishChalkboard NailsThe Polished Perfectionist and Loodie (just to name a few) show in their great blogs. We'll see how I get on.

Let us begin the craptastic photo-a-thon with Dress Me Up by China Glaze. This is part of the Colours From the Capital Collection that ties in to the release of The Hunger Games. Dress Me Up is a soft, ladylike cocoa rose creme; shiny and rich and warm, this polish is appropriate for work or play. Slightly dusty, a touch greyed, the tone prevents this from wandering into the much dreaded by many "granny" or "old lady" territory. (Remind me to go off on a rant on my feelings about those descriptors, at a later date.) I applied two coats and topped this swatch with top coat. This photo was shot in my lightbox.


  

China Glaze Dress Me Up has a fabulous formula. Thick, richly pigmented and dense, if you have smooth nails and a little skill, this may be a one coat wonder for you. It almost was, for me but my demon ridges spoiled the party and I had to do a second coat. I don't stress all that much over my ridges; they are there, they are a part of my nails and sometimes they show. I accept that. But they didn't allow a single coat of this polish to look well, so two coats for me. Application of Dress Me Up was a pleasure, it flowed smoothly off the brush onto my nails, sat sweetly down where I placed it and didn't streak, run, pool or drag. I think I picked up my cleanup brush twice, just to do a little fussbudget refining. Dry time is pretty decent for such a thick, (but certainly not goopy!) dense polish. I didn't have any trouble with bubbles, either during application or while the polish was drying.

Pettyfogging Blogger, anyway! My text is stuck in center alignment and won't switch back. Sorry about that, kids. 

Anywhoozle, what do you think about Dress Me Up? Love it? Leave it? I am surprised at how much I kind of like it. It is a touch to the brown side for my usual taste but it has enough pink in it that it isn't brown, brown. It does tend to make my hands look a little lobster claw-y but I certainly don't dislike it. If you are interested in acquiring this polish, Dress Me Up is out in stores and e-tailers that carry China Glaze, now. 

Okay, I think that I will run along as I feel that I have bored on long enough. Thank you all so much for stopping by. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment