Popular Posts

Sunday, 12 February 2012

Colour Series ~ Neon: Sinful Colors Neon Melon

Hello gentle readers.

I have decided to resurrect my Colour Series feature and what better kind of polish than neon? Bright, intense, clear and fun. Neon is a great way to perk up and lighten up the Winter Doldrums, especially now that the weather has decided to get really cold and stormy in so many places.

Today's neon is Sinful Colors Neon Melon. This is a true to hue highlighter yellow-green. This polish is very sheer and it must be applied over a white base to reach anything close to opacity and to show it's full colour. I applied two coats of Neon Melon over two coats of OPI Alpine Snow.

Photo taken in my lightbox.


Sinful Colors Neon Melon is a jelly neon polish. It is very sheer and couldn't reach opacity or show it's true colour on it's own if you bribed it. Neon Melon needs a smooth, white base. The formula on this polish is pretty nice. Smooth and not too streaky, which is a problem that some neons have. The first coat was uneven but the second came out smooth and even. This polish dries matte, so a good top coat is necessary if you like your tips nice and shiny.

Sinful Colors Neon Melon is sunglasses worthy and it is part of Sinful Colors Neon collection. You should be able to find it where Sinful Colors polishes are sold, if you are feeling it.

So, I am trying something new with my photographs. I was playing around with my camera and nails the other day and discovered that if I photograph my nails in my lightbox with my fingers curved up and the bottle hanging in them, my polish photographs more colour true and I don't have those annoying streaks of light reflecting off the surface of my nails. I also discovered that by not having the light reflecting directly off my skin, I can boost the saturation on my photographs and not have my fingers look like freaked out deep fried carrots. I am also playing with new watermarks. Please bear with me as I go through my growing pains and my learning process. I am hoping that the tripod I ordered yesterday will make it easier to take my photos than propping my camera on a stack of books. :P

I hope that you enjoy this Colour Series.

Thank you for popping in. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment