Popular Posts

Thursday, 26 January 2012

Swatchity-Swatch: Sally Hansen X-Treme Wear Pacific Blue

Hello gentle readers.

Ho's your Thursday going? Well, I hope. Today I have yet another blue polish for you. This is Sally Hansen X-Treme Wear in Pacific Blue. This is one beautiful little pain in the ass of a polish. Beautiful because it is that rich, cool, cerulean blue that just makes my little heart go pitter-pat. My photographs show it a little lighter than it is in person. I tried to boost the saturation but this stuff just doesn't play fair with my camera. It is a pain in the ass because it separates like crazy. I had to shake the shit out of this polish, turn it upside down for a day or two, shake the shit out of it, again then let it settle overnight, shake it again, let it settle for a while, then apply it.

Whew! I am tired just thinking about it. lol Part of the problem may be that I purchased this polish a long time ago and it has sat, untouched for all that time. *shrug* Whatever the reason, it gave me a workout. I will say, tho... It seems to have been worth it. I mean, just look at it. This is a crelly, I needed three coats to get an opaque and smooth finish on my nails. My smoother nails were good in two but my demon ridges made a third coat of this necessary. If you don't have ridges like I do, you can probably just do two. This is, if I remember correctly sans top coat. Yep. This stuff is stupid shiny. Kinda squishy, too. I dig it.

Photographs taken in my lightbox, under my OttLight.

 Carrot fingers courtesy of my basic photo editing software. I tried to boost the saturation to get this polish to show more colour true and ended up with only a slight improvement and some mighty fonky looking digits. 

The colour is a little closer to true in this shot. A little. 

Pacific Blue has a very nice formula. Smooth and easy and a pleasure to paint on. I had a some trouble controlling it only because it has a very long brush wand and I am accustomed to shorter ones. Other than that, it;s very nice. This polish applies a bit streaky on the first coat but then it gets nice and opaque and levels out and is just loverly in two to three coats, depending on what your own nails need. As I said earlier, I needed three. This polish doesn't run or pool or drag or bubble. It dries in decent time. It was already set to the gentle touch by the time I oiled my cuticles and fired off my photographs. When I wear this, I will definitely use top coat.

I think that Pacific Blue is still part of the Sally Hansen X-Treme Wear core line. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment