Popular Posts

Saturday, 21 January 2012

Swatchity-Swatch: OPI Save Me

Hello gentle readers.

Today I have a look at the only one of the OPI Nicki Minage Collection polishes I purchased. I know... I said that I was glittered out.

I lied.

I saw OPI Save Me and I just had to have it. I wasn't really all that interested in any of the other polishes in this new collection. To me they just feel... Meh. Seen it. Don't really want to do it. To be perfectly honest, I am kind of burned out on the whole celebrity/nail polish collection tie in concept. It is beginning to feel a bit overdone and forced, to me. And it is too many, too close together. One really special collaboration once in a rare great while might be a nice thing but this is happening too often, if you ask me.  

OPI Save me is a multi glitter polish comprised of teeny-tiny silver square glitter and bar glitter that is holo and duochrome-ish in nature. The bars glint pink, yellow, purple, blue and holo sparkle. Yippie! Fun stuff, Maynard. I likee. And I am glad that I bought this one, for sure. 

I applied one coat over Sinful Colors Fly Away and topped it with top coat, as this one does dry a bit satin. For maximum sparkle and shine, you have to use top coat. I took photographs out in the sunshine. I don't know what it is, but I have had the worst time of it photographing glitters and flakies in the sun, recently. I am thinking that it has something to do with the angle of the sun, this time of year. Whatever it is, it isn't making me all that happy. But this stuff had to be shot in the sun. My OttLight just didn't cut it. 

Click these bad boys. That way you can get a real eyeful of the sparkle and all of the pretty colours. 



OPI Save Me has that beautiful OPI glitter formula. Fluid and easy to apply. The glitter goes on in plenty and is amazingly easy to get evenly up and all over the nail. You don't have to fight with this one to make it behave. Dry time for this polish is fairly swift but it needs top coat, as it will dry a bit satin-matte. This polish, like many OPI glitters is amazingly smooth, even before top coat is applied and this stuff doesn't eat top coat. One good coat is all that is needed. 

I feel that this is best worn as a layering polish with a coordinating or contrasting background polish. I have seen photographs of this polish built up to an opaque finish and the effect wasn't pleasing. It is so, so much prettier just sprinkled on top of another polish, there to wink and sparkle and delight the eye. But that is just my humble opinion. ;)

Did you pick up this sparkly stunner? Any of the other polishes in this collection? What did you think about this collection?

Thank you so much for coming by. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment