Popular Posts

Sunday, 8 January 2012

Swatchity-Swatch: Finger Paints Special Effects

Hello gentle readers.

Today I am showing the Finger Paints Special Effects flakie toppers that are available now at Sally Beauty Supply. This collection is five different flakie toppers made up of flakies of different colours in a milky clear jelly like base. The flakies range from the classic copper/gold/green to various colour combinations including green, blue, pink and even purple.

Almost all of the lovely swatches of these polishes I have seen, so far have been shown with black polish. I thought that it would be fun to swatch them over some different colours, too. So, I did one over black and the rest over blue, green and plum. I like some of my selections. One, I am not all that nuts about but I think that it works. Sorta... ;)

All photographs were shot in my lightbox, under my OttLight. For some reason, my sun shots didn't come out very well. I think it had something to do with the time of day and the angle of the sun. It was getting a little lower and it just didn't fire the flakies as I had hoped it would.

 Asylum over Wet-N-Wild Black Creme. Copper, gold, blue and purple flakie flash. This looks like a black opal. :D

 Flecked over Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Thinking of Blue. This is what Sinful Colors Green Ocean could'a would'a should'a been. Beautiful sea green flakies.

 Motley over Orly Plum Noir. Flakies that shift green, blue and purple. The purple was lost against the plum base. Duh! 

 Twisted over Revlon Fashionista. All kinds of flakie colours all mixed together. Yay! Love! 

Flashy over Sinful Colors Last Chance. This is the classic Hidden Treasure/Nubar 2010 type flakie. Copper/gold/bronze to green shifter. 

Check out that shift! But please ignore the fact that this angle made my fingers look like blown up Snausages. Blech! Stoopid camera!

Finger Paints Special Effects polishes are pretty toppers. The formula is nice, not too thick and the flakies are easy to evenly distribute all over your nails. I do think that Finger Paints got a little bit chintzy with the goodies.  They could have dumped more flakies in the bottles, knowwhatImean? But that is a minor gripe. I really do like these toppers and I feel that they are well worth the money.

Do you own these pretties? What think you of them?

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a terrific day and may your polish never bubble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment