Popular Posts

Friday, 6 January 2012

Swatchity-Swatch: Finger Paints Codur-Orange

Hello gentle readers.

I have a swatch to share with you, today. Finger Paints Cordu-Orange (this name is a pain in the butt to type! lol) is a lovely dirty, slightly rusty orange creme from their Fall 2011 Collection. I didn't pick this up until Winter was setting in and it was on clearance at my local Sally's. Had I known how full of win this polish is, I would have grabbed it, sooner. Much sooner. Finger Paints Cordu-Orange is Autumn in a bottle. But that doesn't mean that I won't wear it before next Fall. I applied two coats for this swatch and used top coat. Photos were shot in my lightbox.




Yummy. Rich, warm, dirty and creamy orange goodness. Thick but not gloopy and easy to control. Two coats gave me smooth, opaque perfection. Dry time is good. Look how sick shiny this baby is! I never thought that I could love a colour like this so. much. Mmmm...

Finger Paints polishes are a little hit and miss, for me. When they do it right, they do it soooo right. And when they don't I just want to run in the opposite direction and never pick up another one, again. I don't know why I feel so damned passionately about this brand, I just do. lol I bought several of the Fall 2011 Finger Paints cremes and one thing I have noticed is that they are not well mixed. These polishes separate badly and fast and have to be shaken like crazy to get them back together. And even after mad shaking, they still have greyed pigment streaks running through them. But that doesn't seem to interfere with the beauty on the nails. When I want to wear any of these cremes, I make sure to shake the shit out of them then let them sit and settle for a while to de-bubble before I apply.

Do you own this polish? Love it? Get crazy when you see pigment streaks running through it? Please do share, I'd love to hear your impressions.

Thank you so much for popping in and hanging out for a bit. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment