Popular Posts

Thursday, 19 January 2012

Comparisons

Hello gentle readers.

Today's post is three comparisons of recently featured polishes. I received requests for two of these comparisons and I just decided to do one of them on impulse, for the hell of it. I got to do these on nail wheels rather than on my nails. I have to say, comparisons on the wheels is easier and faster. I can be doing other swatches and painting and letting my nail wheel swatches dry, at the same time.

First is a comparison of Revlon Fashionista and Orly Sapphire Silk. I also tossed in Finger Paints To-Tealy Chic just for shits and giggles.

From the left: Finger Paints To-Tealy Chic, Revlon Fashionista and Orly Sapphire Silk. All three are two coats. No top coat. Photographs shot in my lightbox. I tried sun and shade and this is where I got the best shot.



From the left: Finger Paints To-Tealy Chic, Revlon Fashionista and Orly Sapphire Silk. All three are two coats. No top coat. Photographs shot in my lightbox. I tried sun and shade and this is where I got the best shot. Of the three, Revlon Fashionista (middle) is the darkest. To-Tealy Chic and Sapphire Silk are closer to each other than either to Fashionista. All three are darker, blue leaning teals. Sapphire Silk is actually blue, not green or teal.


Next I did a quick comparison of Essie Mint Candy Apple and a couple of other minty green polishes in my stash. While I was swatching Mint Candy Apple (swatches to be seen, soon) I wondered if it was anything close to Orly Gumdrop. Then, I decided to invite Orly Ancient Jade to the party.


From the left we have: Essie Mint Candy Apple, Orly Gumdrop and Orly Ancient Jade. No dupes, here. Mint Candy Apple is the lightest, creamiest colour. Gumdrop is a little darker, leans a little blue. Ancient Jade is a jade green. Not really mint, after all.

And, last but least, we have the Essie Lilacism comparison. I used Essie Lilacism, Revlon Lily and Sally Hansen X-Treme Wear Lacy Lilac.


From the left: Revlon Lily, Essie Lilacism and Sally Hansen X-Treme Wear Lacy Lilac. As you can see (sorry for the low contrast, these actually look very, very different in person) the Essie Lilacism, in the middle is the lightest, most delicate of the three lilac polishes shown. Lily, on the left is slightly more blue and a little darker and Sally Hansen Lacy Lilac is the darkest of the three. All are pretty lilac polishes and while not dupes, any of these three are lovely to own and to wear.

I hope that this was helpful and clear. Sometimes, I get things a little convoluted. lol If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I'll answer as best I can. If you see a polish swatched or featured as a Manicure of the Moment and would like to see comparisons, don't hesitate to ask. If I have the polishes (or something very similar) you want to see I am more than happy to do it. :)

Thank you so much for popping in. Your company and comments are always welcome. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment