Popular Posts

Thursday, 12 January 2012

A Little Sunshine in the Middle of Winter

Hello gentle readers.

Today is yellow day. I have two yellow polishes to share. The first is Sinful Colors Unicorn. A soft, light, brand new fluffy baby chick yellow. Precisely the kind of yellow I love the best. This is five coats and top coat. Yepper. I said five. Coats. Should have put on underwear. Definitely. *sigh* Why is it that colours I love best are so difficult and silly?

Sunshine shots!




Sinful Colors Unicorn is undeniably gorgeous. I all in adoration of this polish's colour. The jelly formula is not beloved of me, tho. It went on incredibly sheer, somewhat streaky and just made me crazy. I had to apply five coats to get it opaque and smooth and as much as I love a polish, I am not willing to sit and apply five coats then try to endure the incredibly long, long, long dry and cure time. I am going to attempt this one over underwear before I write it off because I really do want to love it and wear it. Guh! This colour!

Unicorn does apply very nicely. It is easy to control, is silky and smooth and glides on without running and pooling on the cuticles. This polish self levels like a dream and it dries shiny and glossy and perfect. It is just so. Tragically. Sheer.

I don't know. I'll have to work with it a bit. Tho I must say, a part of me is kind of pissed that I have to work so damned hard to make a polish do it's job. Know what I mean?

Next is Finger Paints Psychedelic Sunshine over the aforementioned Sinful Colors Unicorn. This polish was a member of Finger Paint's Summer Collection for 2011. I missed out on most of the polishes from that collection, but I did snag this one.

Psychedelic Sunshine is a very warm, bright, sunshine yellow jelly base with yellow, multicolored sparking fine glitter. This is definitely a layering polish, in my not so humble opinion. I applied one coat over Unicorn and used top coat. Dude, my nails were so thick in this swatch! I doubt, had this been a manicure I wanted to wear that it would have never, ever, in a million years dried. lol

Top shot under my OttLight and the bottom in sunshine.




Finger Paints Psychedelic Sunshine is pretty stuff. Too bad I can't say the same for the formula. This polish is incredibly thick. Semi hardened concrete is smoother and more pliant. Using this polish is like trying to paint one's nails with Jello. I dumped a ton of thinner into the bottle. Enough that this shit should be running like water from a faucet. And it is still gloop city. *sigh* I am going to keep thinning it and see if I can get it to be a bit more biddable because I want to use this polish this Spring and Summer. I think that it could be fun over yellows, oranges, even red to make interesting oranges... If I can get it to be more biddable.

Okay, so. Two polishes that I want to love but need a little more time with to see if this relationship is going to work. Do you own either of these? Has our experience been similar to mine? Did they work better for you? I am interested to hear.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment