Popular Posts

Saturday, 3 December 2011

Swatchity-Swatch: Nubar Moon Shadow

Hello gentle readers.

Buckle your seat belts, kids. It's going to a pic spamapalooza, today. This is Nubar Moon Shadow. I first saw this polish on Scrangie's blog. After I read the linked to post, I went directly to Amazon, hunted this polish down and purchased it. I never do that. Seriously never. But for some reason, Moon Shadow just bit me in the brain and I had to have it. Right then.

Nubar Moon Shadow is a beautiful smoky purple jelly base with gorgeous duochrome shimmer. I applied three coats and topped it with Seche Vite. I fired off more than one hundred photographs of this polish in different lighting conditions to try to get the best out of it. If a lot of photos in a blog post irritate you, you are about to get seriously pissed because I couldn't narrow them down to less then ten.

Funny, tho I took pictures in different light, my favourite photos were those taken in my lightbox. :P





















How much serious pretty is this stuff? Purple, bronze, gold, green, golden brown. Yipes!

*sigh* I am conflicted about this beautiful polish. It is undeniably beautiful. The formula was gorgeous, like Nubar usually is. It applied so easily, flowed off of that fat, round brush so nicely and I had little cleanup. Dry time was a tiny bit on the slow side but nothing major.

Unfortunately, wear time for this polish was tragically short. I had  a lot of tip pull when I finished applying this and topping it with Seche Vite. And that tip pull morphed into serious tip wear by the end of the day. By the next day, I had chips. Big chips and polish just peeling away. Whaaa??? With a Nubar? I think that perhaps it didn't like Seche Vite and that is why I had so much tip pull. And, if I remember correctly, I used a moisturizing hand soap before polishing my nails and I may have forgotten to spray and wipe my nails with alcohol. So, I am not going to bag on this beauty, just yet. It gets another chance to prove it's self.

Nubar Moon Shadow is beautiful. So beautiful that, like some other polishes in my family, it is worth keeping around and just wearing when I want a day of something really special on my nails.

Do you own Nubar Moon Shadow? If so, have you had better luck with it? I am still inclined to believe that it didn't do so well because of something I did or didn't do. We'll see, next time I wear it, I suppose. I'll need to remember to use a different top coat, for sure. :)

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a terrific day and may your polish never bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment