Popular Posts

Thursday, 1 December 2011

Swatching, Swatching, 1,2,3: Orly Red Flare and OPI Rainbow Connection

Hello gentle readers. Holy mackerel! It's the first of December, already. Whooeee! Where did this year go?

Yikes!

Okay, to kick off the most festive of months and the Christmas/Holiday season, I thought it only right and proper that Orly Red Flare be the first polish of the month. A red jelly polish; it looks creme, looking at the bottle. But it is a jelly. Rich, smooth, squishy, intensely pigmented. Gorgeous. Jelly. Is this my Holy Grail red jelly? I don't know. But it is officially on my short list.

This swatch is two coats, topped with Seche Vite. I snapped these photographs in my lightbox under my OttLight.







I want a car this colour. If it can be jelly, like this polish. 

Orly Red Flare has a formula that can only be described as delicious. Smooth, silky, it glides onto the nail with a whisper. Thin but not runny, it is easy to control and it self levels like a dream. I didn't do a whole lot of cleanup, mostly just fussbudget refining. This polish dries more quickly than I thought it would and it dries so insanely shiny. But I use top coat, anyway because I was raised right. 

Would I buy this polish again? In a New York Minute! Would I recommend it? Absolutely. If you like a lovely red jelly, you would most likely love this beautiful polish. 

But wait! (Don't you just love those commercials that say that?!?!) There is moar!

Check out what I layered over this swatch. Just because I could. :D OPI Rainbow Connection. This is the third polish from the Winter/Holiday Muppets collection that I bought. I kinda love it. Rainbow Connection is a clear jelly like base packed with multiple shapes and colours of glitter. I applied two coats over Orly Red Flare then topped it all once again, with Seche Vite. 

Lookitdat! It's like happiness in a bottle. As if joy just marched into my house and tossed it's cookies all over my sleek, red nails. 

OPI Rainbow Connection isn't the best behaved polish I have ever used. Tho it certainly isn't a brat! Like others of it's ilk, it needs a little special handling. The jelly-ish base and the different sizes of glitter mean that just stroking this on doesn't result in my perfect look. I found that it looked better if I combined stroking with a little patting and pushing. (Shit! I just know that that sentence is going to bring a whole herd of one handed surfers to my blog. :P) This one dries nicely and top coat just amps up the sparkle and shine. 

Would I buy Rainbow Connection again? Yup. Would I suggest that if you don't have it you get it? Yup. 

So, my little polish addicted gentle readers, what say you? Do you own either of these beautiful polishes? Love? Not so much? I'd like to hear what you have to say about them. 

Thank you so much for coming around. I appreciate your presence and your input, mucho. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment