Popular Posts

Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Pink Wednesday: I'm Craving a Jelly Sandwich

Hello gentle readers.

Happy Wednesday, everyone. I am actually posting a pink look for Pink Wednesday. Imagine that! I always end up with a colour other than pink on my nails on Wednesdays and I have been skipping over it then it hit me, just wear pink any old time, photograph it, write a post and set it to go on Wednesday. Duh! lol So, that is what I am doing. This look was actually painted on, photographed and written the Friday before.

So, for my jelly sandwich, I decided to use Revlon Just Bitten in Desire and Wet-N-Wild glitter in Correction Tape. Two coats of Desire, a translucent and squishy jelly polish, one coat of Correction Tape patted into place then a third coat of Desire. I finished it all off with a coat of Seche Vite.

My nails are sooo thick! lol That W-N-W Correction Tape has a super thick base and the glitter needs to be kind of patted into place, resulting in a really thick layer on the nail. I got a little too much glitter on my index finger, as you will see but I didn't dare go back and put more glitter on my other nails. If I did, they would be a foot thick! lol I am going to try thinning that polish a bit. There has to be a way to keep the glitter suspended and not end up with such a thick coat of suspension base when it is applied.

Oooof!

Anywhoozle, on to why we are really here. The photographs. It was a dark and snowy day when I did this manicure (and yes, I know what a manicure "really" is and I did one of those, that day as well :D) so all photographs were shot in my lightbox under my OttLight. Figures, the day I would want to nip out and photograph polish in the sun, there wasn't a drop of it, all day.






I like this combo. Unfortunately the pink jelly kind of cancelled out the pink glitter but overall, this is a nice combination. Revlon Just Bitten in Desire is so sheer that even with three coats and glitter, there is pretty clearly visible VNL. It doesn't bother me but if you like more opacity, just do three coats, paint on your glitter, do another coat of polish then top coat and you should be good.

So, what do you think? Do you like jelly sandwiches? Not so much? Sick of them? Want more? Are you wishing that someone would pass you a nice cup of Earl Grey?

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a terrific day and may your polish never bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment