Popular Posts

Monday, 19 December 2011

Nail Art Fail

Hello gentle readers.

Yes. It is true. Even I can have a nail art fail. (You do get that I am joking, right? :D)

I set out to do a Christmas candy fun nail art look. I decided to use a decal of candy canes and some stamping and freehand work.

I started out with the base. OPI Alpine Snow, China Glaze Poinsettia and China Glaze Holly Day topped with Seche Vite. All went on so lovely and I had a pretty red and green and white skittle mani.



Then I went and did this to it.

The peppermints were first stamped with button images from a Bundle monster plate, then filled in with polish and a brush and then finished freehand. Fail! I think that making them smaller with a dotting tool would have been more successful. The lollipops were fine. The candy cane images are pretty, but the decals themselves I do not like. The plastic they came on is too thick and clunky and doesn't look invisible and smooth. They were yuk. Add my crappy striping work and you get a big fat fail.


Needless to say, this came off the moment I set my camera down after taking these photographs.

Thank you for popping in and reveling in my failure. lol Have a terrific day, kiddies and may your polish never bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment