Popular Posts

Sunday, 27 November 2011

Orly Rock Solid

Hello gentle readers. Hopefully, we are back to our regularly scheduled programming, now. I have to tell you, anytime I do anything new with my blog or my 'puter, I have to be such a drama queen about it! lol

So, today's swatch action comes to you courtesy of Orly Rock Solid. This is one of the Fall Mineral FX Collection polishes. This is a grey jelly base with grey, silver and tiny holo glitter. This polish looks like a smooth, grey stone picked out with tiny holographic sparks that fire off the surface in bright light and the sun. This polish isn't traditionally sparkly or super shiny, even with top coat. It isn't dull, it reminds me of a tumbled stone. This polish is pretty, in a different way.

I applied two coats and topped this with top coat. I think these photos were taken in the sun. Or one in my lightbox and one in the sun? Crap! I can't remember. *Write it down, Erika!* Getting old is hell, kiddies. The brain, it just starts to drain away. lol




Okay, looking at these, they were definitely shot in my lightbox. I did take some in the sun, trying to get the holo sparks. Those photos must not have come out well because they are history.

So, formula... Excellent. Application was a breeze, this polish flowed off the brush in a very well behaved manner and sat down where I placed it. I didn't have much cleanup with this polish and it dried in good time.

I am still lacking two of the Mineral FX polishes and plan to acquire them, as soon as I can. I would still like a few of last year's Cosmic FX polishes, as well. Hopefully I will still be able to find them, as my budget permits. :D

Do you own any of these lovely polishes? Are you enjoying them as much as I am? Please do tell.

Thank you so much for coming by. Have a lovely Sunday and may your polish never bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment