Popular Posts

Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Swatchity-Swatch Wet-N-Wild Ice Baby Limited Edition Collection

Hello gentle readers. The moment has finally come.

You get to look at my craptastic (I don't know what is with my camera, lately!) swatch pictures of the new Wet-N-Wild Ice Baby Collection. I did these swatches in different numbers of coats on different fingers and over a coordinating solid colour. I thought that would best show what these polishes can really do.

I was going to spread these out over a couple of posts but I changed my mind and decided to just toss them at you all at once. For that reason, this is a long post, so get comfy. You're going to be here for a while. Heh heh heh. Don't forget to clickity-click to make bigness to get details and an eyeful of sparkly goodness. :D

Okay, so... To begin, here is the whole bunch, all stacked together.


 First up: Back Alley Deals: Purple fine glitter with medium sized fuchsia hex glitter. Why do I love purple and fuchsia mixed together so much? This is bright and fun and a little party in a bottle. 
P-One Coat
R-Two Coats
M-Three Coats
I-One Coat over China Glaze Crimson 

 Rockin' Rubies: Fine red glitter and medium sized red hex glitter. This is sparkly like rubies but it isn't a clear, bright red. There is a little grey in the base that blackens this a little, making it more interesting. 
P-One Coat
R-Two Coats
M-Three Coats
I-One Coat over Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby

 It's All in the Cut: Lavender and silver fine glitter with copper-rose holo hex glitter. This is soft and girlie and one would think better suited to Spring but the silver gives this an icy, cool quality that makes it perfect for Winter. 
P-One Coat
R-Two Coat
M-Three Coats
I-one coat over Sinful Colors Beverly Hills

 Give Me a Price Quote: Gold green fine glitter with teeny-tiny bar glitter. For me, this one really needs to be one thin coat over a base of some kind. If it is built up too much, it looks like a fresh steamy road apple. I don't like my nails to look like fresh, steamy road apples. lol  But really, it is a bit... Hairy for my taste when it is really built up.
P-One Coat
R-Two Coats
M-Three Coats
I-One Coat over China Glaze Electric Pineapple

 24 Carats: Fine gold glitter and tiny bar glitter that shifts gold and bronze. I could swear that I saw some red flashes, too. This one is rich and warm and really shiny. It is prettier in person than photographs. 
P-Two Coats
R-One Coat
M-Three Coats 
I-One Coat over Finger Paints Key to My Art

 Diamond in the Rough: Fine grey and silver glitter with medium silver holo hex glitter. This is really pretty, dark but not dull in the least. It looks a little dirty and gritty in the best kind of way. I love this over a grey base. 
P-Two Coats
R-One Coat
M-Three Coats
I-One Coat over China Glaze Concrete Catwalk

 Cost is No Issue: Teal fine glitter with blue medium hex glitter. I love this one. Teal and bright blue just meld so nicely together. 
P-One Coat
R-Two Coats
M-Three Coats
I-One Coat over Sinful Colors Savage

And finally, Believe Me, it's Real: Deep blue fine glitter packed with medium fuchsia hex glitter. This one is my fave of the bunch. (dur! lol) It looks like a sapphire that flashes pink in the light. 
P-One Coat
R-Two Coats
M-Three Coats
I-One Coat over China Glaze First Mate

What can I say about these polishes? How about... They are really pretty. Bright, sparkly, great colours. In my opinion, these glitters look best layered over a coordinating or contrasting base colour. I am not too wild about these on their own. 

The formula of these polishes isn't the best I have ever encountered. In fact, at first it was a bit... Unpleasant.  These were very, very thick and kind of dry. Odd, I know but that is how they felt. I did the first coat of the first nail of the first swatch; trying to lay down a smooth, even coat was downright difficult. I knew immediately that these needed a good dose of thinner. I added about fourteen drops of thinner to each bottle, gave them all a good shake, shake, shake and they behaved so much better. I swatched five last night and the last three, today and the polishes that sat overnight with the thinner were even better.

 I don't know if that was due to the fact that their formula as better or thanks to the thinner. Maybe a bit of both? Whatever the case, I do suggest adding thinner to these polishes, shaking well and maybe letting them marinate a little, if you can stand to wait before you dive in. 

This polish applies a little unevenly, go slow and be deliberate but try not to over work them too much because they will grab and drag bald spots. They tend to build up a little unevenly, as you no doubt saw in my photographs. As I said earlier, I feel that these are best as layering polishes. And that is how I will use them, in the future. 

Dry time for these polishes is fast. They dry matte and pretty gritty. They are top coat sucking vampires. I applied two coats of Dare to Wear Top Coat (my glitter swatching top coat) and they could have used a third. I Imagine that if I had been using Seche Vite (which is too expensive to use up on marathon swatch sessions) two coats would probably been sufficient. 

I can't do a Wet-N-Wild review without addressing The Big Issue. The brushes. Yup. Shit-tastic, as always. *sigh* I had to grab my little scissors and cut some wonky hairs on a couple of brushes and trim too long hairs off the ends of several brushes. The rest weren't too, too bad and since I was applying glitters, I didn't worry too much about them. But I am still not happy with the brushes. 

Anywhoozle... There are pluses and minuses to these polishes but I have to say, overall, they are pretty, sparkly, look fabulous layered and, after a little thinner love, behave in a halfway decent fashion. I feel that they are definitely worth hunting down and buying. At three clams a pop, they are worth the price. I am certainly glad that I bought them. Believe me, if I hated them, back they would go. I have no problem returning products I dislike. I am keeping these. :D

The Wet-N-Wild Ice Baby Collection should be hitting the shelves of your local drugstores, soon, if they haven't already. These polishes are very limited edition, so if you see the display, fall upon it and gather ye polishes while ye may. If this collection is like other LE W-N-W collections, there will be one display of two of each colour and that will be it. That is how my local Wag's rolls. If you don't see these on the regular shelves, try looking up high, on top of the shelves. You might spot them, there. I know that some people have. So, get out there and good hunting! :D

What do you think of these polishes? Like the look of them? Have you found these polishes, yet? Snapped them up? Please do tell. 

Thank you so much for popping in and reading this long, long post. Have a great night and may your polish never bubble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment