Popular Posts

Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Swatchity-Swatch: Sinful Colors Ruby, Ruby

Hello gentle readers. Happy Tuesday morning to you all. I hope that your week is off to a good start.

Today I have a little red jelly to show to you. As you probably know, I am on a perpetual hunt for two polishes, my two holy grail polishes. A perfect cobalt blue jelly and a perfect, clear, classic red jelly. So far, I haven't found either. But my hopes remain high.

Please to set your eyes upon Sinful Colors Ruby, Ruby. A clear, classic blue based red jelly. This one could be a contender for my holy grail red jelly but for the fact that it isn't very pigmented and getting it to an opaque finish is an exercise in futility. I applied four coats and still had clearly visible VNL. And, while VNL isn't usually a problem for me, I don't care for it when I am wearing red polish. I topped this swatch with Seche Vite.

These photographs were taken in my lightbox under my OttLight. The VNL isn't all that visible in my photograph. It was visible in person, tho.




Sinful Colors Ruby, Ruby is a beautiful, clean, blue based red. This is a classic, glamour girl, pinup red. The formula is smooth and very silky. A jelly, it is squishy and translucent. A little too translucent, it turns out. Application is lovely but after four coats, it still shows VNL. Maybe a fifth coat would have made it fully opaque? I don't know. I don't think that I want to know. As beautiful as this colour is, as nice as it is to apply, I can't see myself applying five coats every time I want to use it. I have no idea about dry time. The polish on my nails was so thick, it wasn't near to dry by the time I finished swatching it.

 As far as I am concerned, this polish is a bust. Maybe I'll use it for a franken, one day. Maybe. Until then it is probably just going to languish in the dark. *sigh* Such a waste.

Dare I ask? Do you own this polish? What do you think of it?

Thank you so much for popping in, Have a wonderful day and may your polish never bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment