Popular Posts

Thursday, 13 October 2011

Swatchity-Swatch: Orly Stone Cold

Hello gentle readers.

Time to trot out the other Orly Mineral FX polish I bought. This is Orly Stone Cold. An icy cold blue with depth and sparkle. And a duochrome flash, as well. This kind of reminds me of China Glaze Frostbite, it is that deep, cold blue with that interesting lighter blue/green shift, especially in photographs. Stone cold also has blue tiny glitter and some black mineral in it that gives it depth and texture.

Stone Cold is just that... Cold. Ice cold. It makes me think of pools of melt on the surface of glaciers; deep, blue, mysterious. Pools that you don't know their depth. You could reach in a finger and touch the bottom. Or you could fall in and sink and never reach the bottom. The glitter in this polish looks like ice chips, floating in the frigid, blue water.

I applied two coats and topped this swatch with top coat.

 Under my OttLight in my lightbox.

 In the shade.

Outside in the bright light of a warm, sunny Arizona afternoon.

Orly Stone Cold was just as lovely as her sisters Emberstone and Rock-It to apply and work with. It has that beautiful Orly formula. I have nothing but happy things to say about this polish.

Okay, so... What think you? Are you loving these polishes as much as I am? I really need to get my paws on the other three in this collection. I want them... Bad.

Thank you so much for popping in and reading. Have a terrific day and may your polish never bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment