Popular Posts

Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Swatchity-Swatch: Orly Emberstone

Hello gentle readers.

Today I have a swatch for you. I recently acquired two more of the Orly Mineral FX polishes, much to the detriment of my budget. Turns out the expense was definitely worth it. :D

Shall we begin with Orly Emberstone? Emberstone is a rich, vibrant shimmer that shifts vibrant orange to red to a brilliant pink and fires tiny gold lights, like the sparks flying off of  lava. The overall feel is orange, tho. This polish is rich and warm. The name is evocative of what you see on your nails. Hot. Burning. Molten.

I kinda love this polish. A lot. I applied two coats and topped it with topcoat. It looked largely opaque in person, my photographs sheered it out a tad. I don't mind my VNL so that isn't a problem for me. If VNL isn't your thing, a third coat will make it go buh-bye, for sure. :D

 Under my OttLight in my lightbox. Click to see red and pink. 

 In shade you can really see that pink flash. 

 In sun. Orange and gold prevail in the light of our nearest star. Sunshine fires the heat in this polish, making it almost too hot to wear. 

Orly Emberstone has a lovely formula. It isn't too thin, or too thick. It behaves beautifully, flowing off the brush smoothly and sits right down where it is placed. This polish is easy to control and I had not much cleanup while painting this swatch. Dry time is pretty decent, from what I could tell. By the time I applied this, added top coat and took photographs, I could have worn this and got on with my day. 

Do you own this lovely polish? Please tell me what you think of it, if you love it or if you plan to snap it up. 

Okay. That is all I have for right now. Thank you all so much for popping in. Have a terrific day, my fellow polish addicts and may your polish never bubble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment