Popular Posts

Monday, 24 October 2011

Swatchity-Swatch: China Glaze First Mate

Hello gentle readers. Today I have a swatch of a truly gorgeous blue polish. This is China Glaze First Mate from their Spring Anchors Away collection. First Mate is a rich, saturated, slightly dusty blue creme. This polish, in addition to being beautiful is fabulous. I applied one coat and had a smooth, opaque, flawless finish. One coat, kids. One coat. I topped this swatch with Seche Vite. 

Photos taken in my lightbox under my OttLight. 





China Glaze First Mate is thick, creamy, smooth and silky as Dove dark chocolate. It is so easy to handle. Or it would have been, had I not been hopped up on enough caffeine to make a sloth race around like a two year old on an epic sugar rush. As it was, I kinda goobered up the works and had to grab my cleanup brush a few times. *sigh* I just don't understand the concept of moderation when it comes to coffee. :) My shaky, caffeine crazed application notwithstanding, this polish is just gorgeous. Both to use and to look at. Dry time is good, it dries shiny and lovely but you should still use top coat. ;)

China Glaze has recently added First mate to their core line, so if you are craving on it, it is available at Sally Beauty Supply and other retailers and e-tailers who carry the China Glaze core line. Oh! If you have been wanting Sea Spray, also from the Spring Anchors Away collection, it is also part of the core line, now. Yay!!! I grabbed it when I popped in to Sally's yesterday.

Do you own this incredible and lovely blue polish? Think that perhaps you would like to?

Thank you so much for coming over and hanging out for a bit. Have yourself a terrific day and may your polish never bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment