Popular Posts

Friday, 21 October 2011

Happiness Is: China Glaze It's Alive

Hello gentle readers.

This entry is dedicated to one of the prettiest Hallowe'en polishes I have ever met. Oddly, I was going to pass on this one. I was thinking that I didn't need it. I mean, how many Hallowe'en glitters does one gal need, anyway?

Turns out, she needs as many Hallowe'en glitters as she can get her greedy mitts on.

The more swatches of this polish I saw, the more I wanted it. Then I started to need it. So I broke down and placed an order for it from an Amazon seller. And boy am I ever glad that I did. China Glaze It's Alive is part of the 2011 Hallowe'en Haunting Collection. A rich, yellow green jelly base packed with green micro glitter and large green hex glitter This polish is green with occasional flashes and sparks of gold. It is beautiful. Like it's sisters in this collection and last year's Awakening collections, it is glamorous Hallowe'en.

For these swatches, I applied two coats and topped it with Top coat. Pics are clickable, if you are in the mood. They were taken under my OttLight in my lightbox.




The formula of this polish is as flawless as it is beautiful. Some glitter polishes can be a tad recalcitrant. China Glaze It's Alive is not. There is no dabbing or patting or placing with this polish. The viscosity is perfect, it flows off the brush smoothly and evenly, sits right down where it is placed, settles in and stays put. No running. No pooling. No cuticle flooding nonsense. I was able to paint nail after nail without any cleanup. I only picked up my cleanup brush a few times. Dry time isn't bad, at all for this polish. It is a tad top coat thirsty but it isn't a pig about it. I found that two coats of top coat made it as glassy and smooth as it was sparkly. For a beauty like this, an extra coat of top coat isn't a big old deal, to me.

I now have to acquire Near Dark. Then I will have the full Haunting collection. I thought that I just wanted Crimson and Ghoulish Glow. Ha! I was sooo wrong.

Do you own this lovely polish? Have you found it to be the beauty and pleasure that I do? Please do share, I'd love to hear what you have to say about it.

Thank you so much for popping in and spending a little time with me. Have a terrific day and may your polish never bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment