Popular Posts

Sunday, 2 October 2011

Colour Series ~ Purple Day Two

Hello gentle readers. How's your Sunday?

Today's purple is brought to us by Sally Hansen. This is Sally Hansen Salon in Night Hyacinth. This polish is part of an older line, I believe it was the predecessor to the current Sally Hanson Complete Salon Manicure line. I found this polish on a random shelf in my local Walgreen's. At the time I bought it, I didn't open it, I rarely ever do. I probably should have... When I went to swatch this polish for this series the neck was all gunked up. A sure indicator that it was either a return or that some scroddy biotches had been swatching it in the store. In either case, I wasn't happy.

Look, I don't mind polish sharing... There isn't anything that I can think of that can live in the volatile atmosphere that is the chemical makeup of a bottle of nail polish. But if I am going to polish share, I want to do so knowing that it was my choice. Not be forced into it by rude, nasty people who think that it is perfectly okay to go into a store and befoul polish just because they want to. Okay, jumping down off my rant, now.

Back to the polish. I applied two coats of Night Hyacinth. This is a lovely purple with a microshimmer. I topped it with Seche Vite for this swatch. Let's look at the pictures of this polish, shall we? Enlarge these to get an eyeful of the shimmah!

 Under my OttLight in my Lightbox. I had to boost the saturation for these photos, as my stupid camera washes out purples like it does pinks. It also tends to tone some purples too blue. This one is no exception. I tried to adjust it a little more to red but I wasn't successful. My photo editing skills are crude, at best. 

 In shade.  

 In sun. This one is even better. Look at that shimmer... Yum!

Sun, again. :D

This polish has a nice formula. A tad thin but not runny or hard to control. It applied so smoothly, flowed off the brush and didn't run, streak or drag. It was perfectly opaque and smooth in two coats and it dries fast, too. It was ready to go by the time I finished swatching and photographing it. This line is long discontinued, but if you take a shine to this shade, you might be able to find it in some random clearance bin, maybe a Big Lots or some such store... Maybe on E-Bay? Maybe it is unfair showing a discontinued polish. But I thought that it is so pretty and deserved an outing, here. :)

Okay, so... There it is, purple number two. I hope that you are enjoying this series. Have yourself a fantastic Sunday and may your polish never bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment