Popular Posts

Saturday, 1 October 2011

Colour Series ~ Purple Day One Revlon Royal Cloak

Good morning, gentle readers. Happy October! I know that so many of you love this month as much as I do so it should be a great month. October is when the leaves really start to change, around here. The temperatures begin to drop, Hallowe'en decorations start to show up and it really starts to look and feel like Fall.

Thank you for your sweet well wishes in comments on my last post. You really warmed my heart and helped my pounding head feel a little easier. <333

By popular vote, this month's Colour Series is purple. After a thrilling race in which purple, green and orange ran their best, purple lead the way for most of the race. At one point, it looked as if orange may pull up and take the lead. Indeed, for a short spell orange and purple ran neck and neck. But purple stretched and poured on some more speed, went out in front and none of the other colours came close, again. So, today, being the first day of October is also the first day of Colour Series ~ Purple. I just want to take a moment to say thank you so much to everyone who participated and voted! <3

Today's purple is a real beauty. Revlon Royal Cloak. This polish is part of their Fall Masquerade collection. I believe that it is a limited edition polish, so if this one tickles your fancy, you might want to get out there and get it while you can. Revlon Royal Cloak is a rich purple creme base that is ever so slightly jelly in texture, almost a crelly. In it's self it is a lovely purple polish but it is given complexity and a spark of something very special by the addition of a fine silver shimmer that fires with red sparks in the sun and scattered, irregular silver flakes. I applied three coats and topped this with Seche Vite.

Please to feast thy eyes. Photographs are, as always, clickable.

 Under my OttLight.

 In shade. No Flash.

 In direct sun.

In direct sun. My camera washed this colour out terribly, so I really had to boost the saturation. Hence the carrot fingers. lol 

Revlon Royal Cloak lived up to it's name by being a bit of a spoiled princess to deal with. The formula was thin and it really wanted to run and pool on my cuticles. It also didn't want to behave very nicely, trying to clot and drag, if I stroked over it while smoothing that coat. It was streaky on the first coat, there were a few bald patches on the second but by the third, it was just opaque, dreamy perfection. I quickly learned to have plenty of polish on my brush, work swiftly and smoothly and have my cleanup brush at the ready. This polish was a bit of a pain in the butt, but in my opinion, it is worth it. It is that pretty.

Do you own this polish? Love it? Did it behave in a more ladylike fashion for you than it did for me? Please do share your thoughts. 

I will be putting up a poll for my November Colour Series. November is my Birthday Month, so I decided to have a little fun with that one. I am going to make it simple. Two choices... Holographics or Duochromes. If I remember correctly, I have just enough of either for a series. What better way to celebrate the month in which  I was born? :D 

Okay, time to get this published and go make another cup of java. Mama needs more go juice, this morning. Thank you all so much for popping in. Have a lovely day and may your polish never bubble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment