Popular Posts

Friday, 16 September 2011

Manicure of the Moment

Hello gentle readers. How was your day? 

Today, I sat and looked and looked and looked at my this Fall's China Glaze Metro collection polishes and went back and forth and back and forth over what I wanted to wear. I finally decided that I wanted to wear grey. And that I wanted it to sparkle. So, I applied one coat of China Glaze Concrete Catwalk then topped it with two coats of CG in the City. I am so happy with how this combo came out. It looks like asphalt after a hard rain and the clouds suddenly break and the sun shines on the wet surface, making it dance and sparkle, slightly blind the eye and yet it is still a little dark, somewhat dirty. 

China Glaze Concrete Catwalk is a smooth, silky grey creme and it was nearly perfect in the one coat I applied as a base for the glitter. I could have slapped on a second, topped it with Seche Vite and it would have been perfect. I'll be featuring this polish in the future and will gush it up more, at that time. :D

China Glaze CG in the City is such a lovely, special polish. It is a very fine, dense glitter in shades of silver, purple and a tiny bit of gold in a clear base. I love what this does over grey. I think that it would also be stunning over red, purple, green or black. It doesn't have the best coverage, to make it fully opaque, I could see having to apply three or four coats. I don't want to use that much of this pretty stuff up, so it gets layered. I topped this manicure with a coat of Poshe` then a coat of Seche Vite. 

As nice as these photographs came out, this combo really rocks in person. I am having a hard time keeping my eyeballs off of my nails. So, I am going to post pictures so that you can glue your eyeballs to them, too.



China Glaze CG in the City is a very fine glitter that smooths on very easily. The base is thick enough to suspend the glitter but not gloopy or stiff. It doesn't try to run, pool or build up globs or mounds. Dry time is quick and it dries satin matte; top coat makes it shiny-shiny. I have nothing but love for this polish. 

So, What do you think? Do you like this combo? Think that you might want to try it? Do tell. :)

Thank you for popping in. Have a great evening and may your polish never bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment