Popular Posts

Friday, 23 September 2011

Manicure of the Moment

Hello gentle readers. Happy First Day of Fall! One of the best ever days of the year. Fall is my favourite season and I am so happy to see it arrive. :) I finally finished swatching and photographing my purple polishes for my Colour Series today. I was going to do all of my purples but I am so happy with the seven I chose that I don't feel the need to change my mind or do more swatches.

 After I was finished I filed down my nails. A lot. They were getting close to too long for me and I had  cracks/breaks on both index finger nails. The one on my right has been there a long, long time, having started low, about halfway to my cuticle in my nail bed. I kept it glued and patched for months as it grew up to where I could finally, finally! File it away. The other night, I broke my left index nail while washing my makeup brushes, of all things. I repaired it because I needed my nail length to be consistent for my swatches but it wasn't as sturdy as I thought it should be and the break was staining from the purple. I finally got over the breaks and the raggle baggle that goes with them and I just wanted them gone! already. Once all of my swatches were done, out came the files. And now I have ten shorter but flawless nails. Ahhh...

Since I am rocking shorties, I decided to have some fun and wear a deep, dark colour. And it doesn't get any deeper or darker than black. I applied two coats of one of the polishes my husband surprised me with. Sally Hansen Complete Manicure in Midnight in N.Y. Black jelly with fine holo glitter. I topped it with Seche Vite. This be pretty stuff. :D



Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Midnight in N.Y. is a lovely black jelly full of scattered, teeny, tiny holographic glitter that fires all colours of the rainbow under an Ott lamp or in the sun. This polish has a nice formula. It is thin but not runny. It is very nicely behaved, flows smoothly off that terrific curved, wide brush right into place. I did have some cleanup because by the time I got to my nails, I had done a bunch of swatches and it was well past lunch time and I was shaky. And that made for not the neatest polish application. lol Dry time is decent.

I get such a kick out of black polish. I never thought that I would like it so much. If you had told me a couple of years ago that I would enjoy it so much, I would have laughed at you. For a long, long time.

Okay. So, guess that is all I have for the moment. Thank you all so much for popping in. Have a terrific rest of your First Day of Fall and may your polish never bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment