Popular Posts

Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Colour Series ~ Glitter Day Six: China Glaze Party Hearty

Good morning gentle readers. I hope that you all had a great weekend, whether it was Labor Day for you, or no. :) We are getting our first breath of Autumn to come. It was actually cool enough this morning to turn off the fans. They will be back on, soon enough and I will have the A/C running in a few hours, but for right now, I am enjoying the treat of cooler air. A breath of Autumn.

This morning, my glitter to share is China Glaze Party Hearty. This was part of their holiday collection, last year. I managed to get my rotten fingers on quite a few of the polishes from that collection and they are all winners. This one is the belle of the ball. Tiny green and gold square glitter, larger green hex glitter and big red hex glitter sequins mix and mingle in a thick, clear jelly base to create a Christmas party on my nails. I love this glitter. Just looking at it makes me want to get out my Christmas music CDs, hang a wreath on my door and chomp candy canes. I applied two coats for this swatch and there are bare spots. This glitter isn't meant to fly solo. It is at it's best layered over a base colour. But I wanted to show it, as it is on it's own. This polish was topped with Poshe`.

I encourage double clickage of photos for bigness and full glitter impact.




This shot gives a fabulous look at all of the different glitters and colours. :D

China Glaze Party Hearty is a glitter party in a thick, clear jelly base. It isn't the easiest glitter to work with. It doesn't just smooth on and perfectly pave the nails with a solid coating of sparkly fun like, say, OPI Sparkle-Icious. But then, it isn't meant to, is it?. And the beauty and fun of this glitter is worth a little work and care.

I adore this glitter and I think that I am going to see about obtaining a back up bottle. It goes fast; a couple of uses lowers the level in the bottle rapidly and I want to have this around for Christmases to come. :D If you are interested in obtaining this beauty, I have seen it on Amazon (at a somewhat inflated price...) on the sites of various e-tailers and I imagine that it can be found on E-Bay and in some beauty supplies and so forth. Don't pay inflated prices, my friends. A little hunting should score you this pretty at the normal asking price.

So, what think you of Party Hearty? Do you own this fun glitter? Love it as much as I do?

Okay, time for me to go get coffee number two. They say that love makes the world go around. That is a crock. It's caffeine.

Thank you for popping in. Have a terrific day and may your polish never bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment