Popular Posts

Monday, 5 September 2011

Colour Series ~ Glitter Day Five: Zoya Ivanka Plus... Nail Art

Hello gentle readers. Happy Labor Day to my fellow Americans! I hope that you are enjoying Summer's last woo-hoo.

Just warning you, now. This post is long. You might want to get a cup of coffee. Alert family and friends so that they don't think that you have gone missing. Pee now, 'cause it will be a while before you get to.

Today's featured glitter polish is Zoya Ivanka. Now, I have to tell you, in my personal opinion, this is more a shimmer than a true glitter. But, Zoya calls it a glitter, so who am I to argue? :D When I decided to swatch this to feature in this series, I loved the colour and the formula so much that I just went ahead and applied it to all ten and I am wearing it as my manicure, right now.

Geeze! This polish is amazing. Seriously.

Amazing.

Zoya Ivanka is a beautiful deep green packed with super fine green and gold micro glitter or shimmer. (Whichever.) This polish is so sparkly and highly reflective. It shines and glows indoors and out in the sun it dances like a dervish. I applied two coats and topped it with Poshe`.





How stunning is this stuff? I ask you. The formula of Zoya Ivanka (that name annoys the snot out of me... probably because the woman for whom it is named annoys the snot out of me lol) is typical Zoya perfection in a little glass bottle. Not too thick, not too thin. Flows off the brush and settles down where it is placed without arguing, running or pooling. Any cleanup was needed because I got a little careless, here and there and for fussbudget refining. Dry time is fast. This polish is opaque in two dreamy coats. One of my photographs shows VNL, it doesn't show at all, in person.

I am beginning to think that my camera is possessed. :P

So, as I said, I am wearing this polish, right now. I woke up disgustingly early this morning and I couldn't shut my brain off. So, I decided to get up. And do nail art. I got out some supplies, set up my Ott light on my dressing table and got to it. I stamped my nails with China Glaze 2030 and BM plate 205. Then I used a little cheapie top coat as glue and added tiny green bullion beads that I received from Born Pretty Store for review. I had those beads/bullion/whatever they are called sitting around for a while. I had trouble figuring out how to make them work. But I finally worked out a system and I like how they look on my nails. They are a lovely pop of colour and texture but they are kind of subtle, too. I will be doing a review post on them, soon. :) I topped my nail art with two coats of Seche Vite.



In retrospect, stamping a highly reflective polish over another highly reflective polish and the green bullion beads were probably not the best nail art decisions I have ever made. I definitely should have chosen the goldie beads, instead... I am such a nail art dolt. lol But I don't think it is too bad.

Do you own Zoya Ivanka? Love it? Not so much? Please do share. *shameless comment ho-ing ;)*

Thank you so much for popping in on this Labor Day holiday. I am beginning to think that doing a feature series over a holiday weekend was another of my not so brilliant ideas. lol Stay cool, be safe and may your polish never bubble.


Some of the products used in this post were provided to me free of charge by the company/PR for my use and a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment