Popular Posts

Friday, 5 August 2011

Lippmann or Not?


Check out this polish!! Pretty right? I've been lemming Deborah Lippman's Ruby Red Slippers for some time now, and my hot little hand is wrapped around it... or is it?



While at CosmoProf '11, I made sure to hit (or try to hit) all the booths that had ANYTHING to do with nail polish, nail care, etc. One of the booths that I visited was the NYX booth. I was excited to see what they had lined up- last year I saw some pretty amazing glitter polishes in their NYX Girls Nail Polish collection. This year they launched a new Spa Collection, which, granted, included several pretty colors. I was first struck by the selection, until I noticed the bottles. Look familiar? They're the same as Deborah Lippmann bottles! Worse yet?  Check this particular polish out....




Oh yes, that IS a Deborah Lippman Ruby Red Slippers knock-off/dupe... in the very same bottle!

I understand that polishes can tend to look similar, and to an extent, it's acceptable, and even expected. However, to so blatantly rip-off such a well-known and loved polish? Lame. 

What do you think? Does it bother you that NYX has seemingly copycatted a Deborah Lippmann?

Which would YOU buy?


No comments:

Post a Comment